Location: Wales – at present we do not have a physical office and are all working remotely. Once restrictions ease, we will discuss with our staff any potential blended models of home and office/hub working. We will continue to support remote working where needed.
Term: The position is offered on a permanent basis for the remainder of this Senedd term with an option to extend in future.
This role is available as a secondment for up to two years for Welsh public sector employees. Please follow your own organisation’s policy around informing and getting permission from line managers before applying.
Closing date: 19 September, 12:00
Fluency in spoken and written Welsh is essential for this role.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh and will not be judged less favourably than those submitted in English.
About the Centre for Digital Public Services (CDPS)
Here to deliver better public services that work for everyone the Centre for Digital Public Services (Wales) is an arms-length body of Welsh Government set up to enable and support digital transformation of public services in Wales.
We work with colleagues across the public sector in Wales to deliver services that are accessible to everyone and ensure the people that design and deliver the services have the skills, capability and support they need.
We’re creating a blended team of digital experts made up of permanent staff, fixed term appointments, secondments from the Welsh public sector and suppliers to work together to deliver our aims.
Reporting into the Head of Communications and Engagement, you’ll be part of a team delivering engaging and effective communications to support the objectives of the Centre and deliver better public services in Wales. You’ll be a Welsh speaking comms professional with media and stakeholder management experience and the ability to engage effectively with audiences across multiple channels, including digital. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience of delivering communications in a change or transformation environment.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Centre’s media engagement including implementing proactive and reactive media plans
- Manage and maintain positive media relations with journalists across all platforms
- Develop and lead innovative, profile-raising communication campaigns
- Produce briefing and Q&As to support events, announcements, publications
- Provide communication advice to the wider CDPS team
- Work alongside the Content Designer on CDPS website development and content
- Support colleagues in the Welsh public sector to work in the open providing transparency and sharing knowledge and experience.
Who you are
We want to hear from people with skills in
- Media management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Community engagement
- Working alongside change programmes and digital transformation teams
- Good time management and the ability to work autonomously.
- Understanding of the political and social landscape of Wales
- Fluency in spoken and written Welsh
You should be
- Naturally curious and able to champion your own learning and development
- A champion for user-centered practices
- Respectful in your approach to stakeholders and services who aren’t as familiar with user-centred design
- Committed to the development of improved digital strategy across Wales
- Alert to opportunities to improve our teams, tools and processes
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you, so do please apply.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities. We embrace equality of opportunity irrespective of disability, neurodivergence, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, gender and gender presentation, marital status, sexual orientation, culture and religion
Generous holiday entitlement – 28 days annual leave plus public holidays
37.5-hour week for all full-time team members
Flexible working policy
Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to support your application.
The covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4. Please provide evidence in the letter of your suitability for the role, based on our “Who You Are” section and explain why you are interested in the position and where you saw the job advertised.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org