User Research in Wales Community
Our research told us that there is a need to create a specific community to connect and support people working in public services in Wales that have an interest in user research – so that’s what we did!
The User Research in Wales Community is a member-led community which exists to:
- connect people across public services in Wales that are interested in or practicing user research
- build and support the practice of user research in public services in Wales
- champion the importance of user research for helping public services in Wales deliver and design better public services
- develop user research knowledge and skills within public services in Wales
- discuss, challenge and improve the way user research is carried out in public services in Wales
Who the community is for
You don’t have to be in a user researcher role to join our community.
You might be interested in this community if you:
- are interested in understanding users of public services in Wales
- do research activities as part of your role in the Welsh public sector
- are a user researcher for public services in Wales
- attended a training course with CDPS and want to understand more about putting user research in to practice
- want to learn about practicing and championing user research
Or, if you work in public services in Wales such as:
- NHS Wales
- Welsh Government
- Local government
- Social care
- Other public sector organisations
How we meet
We use Microsoft Teams to keep connected with the community. It’s an informal place to chat all things user research, share knowledge and help with real user research issues and network with like-minded people. In the future, we hope to hold in-person meets-ups across Wales as our community grows.
How to get involved
The community is voluntary and is always open to new members.
If you would like to join this community, email email@example.com using your public sector email address (e.g., wales.nhs.uk or gov.wales) and we will send you an invite by email to join our community on Microsoft Teams.