Our expert digital squads work alongside in-house teams to help deliver better services and share knowledge and experience. Our squads are digital delivery experts with roles such as business analysts, developers, service designers, agile delivery managers, architects and user experience leads.
Our first expert squad provided skills and capability to lead and demonstrate Agile ways of working and user-centred service delivery.
- working in collaboration with 3 Local Authorities who had not worked together before
- gaining the trust of the staff and senior teams and together identifying a common problem in the area of access to adult social care,
- conducting user-research, rapidly designing prototypes and testing these ideas with users
- quickly progressing the work into Beta phase to further test, refine and deliver change
- senior managers and staff in all three local authorities have adopted this new agile, user-centred way of working and have all committed to this approach on future transformation projects.
We’re now working with other Welsh public sector organisations to help deliver this approach, understanding user needs and the problem that really needs to be addressed.
Current work includes:
- leading an expert squad, funded by the Digital Democracy programme, to look at the challenges and user needs the 22 Local Authorities need to address to implement the principles of the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Bill.
- leading an expert squad, funded by the National Procurement Service programme, to conduct a discovery into eProcurement needs to improve buyer and supplier experience.
- supporting the Local Government Transformation Fund projects to work towards the digital service standards and providing other delivery support.