Lack of common service standards and shared knowledge across Wales, were two of the challenges facing the Welsh public sector identified during the discovery phase. We have:
- published a draft set of common digital service standards that had been developed based on conversations with many Welsh public sector organisations.
- the ten digital service standards for Wales maintain the core requirement to understand the user and their needs, and develop these to ensure that public services in Wales support the principles and goals of the Wellbeing of Future generations and promote the Welsh language.
- engaged with public sector staff across all sectors in Wales to get a better understanding of the needs of staff and the support needed to deliver better user-centred services.
- launched the first Community of Practice focusing on the design of digital services in the Welsh language. The community has brought together staff from arms’ length bodies, UK Government, Welsh Government, third sector and private sector who share a common interest to deliver public services that support the Welsh language.
- launched a knowledge sharing webinar series which brings together expert speakers to share ideas, tips and thinking and encourage conversations.